Thursday, October 29, 2015

OLD! YET NEW LEARNING!



I have learnt the usage of Microsoft Word and had been using it for almost a decade now. Until now, I felt comfortable in using it with ease. Even while setting the questions, I could do independently and I thought I have sound knowledge of it. 
Yet, once again, the facts of life and learning, “Learning never stops and there is new learning for every endeavour and experience that we make,” struck me. When we were given the MS word assignment where we had to carry out lots of font activities, paragraph exercises, inserting and grouping shapes, equations, designing certificates and cards, I gained a whole set of new ideas and skills.
Mail merging was one exercise where I struggled and had consulted lots of my DE colleagues and colleagues in my school. Finally, I have learned how to merge the mails. I think it can be of great use especially when we need to send the same mail to many recipients. Being a teacher, we may have very rare opportunities to use this except when we write to the parents of our students but still then learning won't harm. We can share this piece of information with families and colleagues who need to use them on daily basis.
While equation and symbol exercises were of great help for mathematics, paragraph and font activities were helpful for all of us. For a primary teacher like me, shape activity proved very handy where we can give various outlooks using variety of features such as 3D...
Of all the activities, I enjoyed designing the cards and certificates. I have learned a bit in designing them with MS publisher but doing it with MS word was fun though challenging. I hope to use them regularly in future.
From this experience and task, I did realize that no matter how familiar we are with the content, there is always a new insight to be gained, skill to be acquired and wisdom to be accumulated.
Therefore, I urge all the readers to give a go whenever opportunity knocks at your door, whether the subject matter is old or new for I assure you that a box of wisdom and knowledge awaits you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a nice piece of information. I too agree with what you said.

Unknown said...

Tashi you are right. We learnt unlimited new skills in the process of doing variety of tasks. As you say the learning never stops.

Post a Comment