Thursday, October 29, 2015

The Outcome of the Module-ICT in Education


I took up ICT as my elective module for the final semester of my Degree course in Education through DE mode. I was always awed by the magic and strength of ICT skills and tools. Moreover, it is a necessity in this 21st century world. For these reasons and to suffice my own thirst of learning, I joined this course and it proved a worthwhile experience.
The lessons varied from simple tasks of MS word activities to creating video tutorials. I learned how to use Google drive to store my essential documents which can be retrieved anytime anywhere as long as I have the internet service. All important documents are securely saved. Using Google docs to share documents and inviting others to edit was very new to me and I found it very effective. Developing interactive quiz and creating video tutorials in groups were very interesting. Despite encountering numerous obstacles, we made it to meet the dateline set by our tutor. The experience gained and skills acquired from these exercises were commendable.
We were taught the 5 ICT tools through presentation, group works, individual assignments and some even through video tutorials. While some activities demanded us to be very individualistic, most of them were interactive where we need to learn from trying, sharing and collaborating with our group members and friends. The tutor taught us the advanced web search skill which was followed by an assignment on Web search to implement the newly learned skill.
One of the most engaging tasks was maintaining reflection through Blogs and participating in the forum discussion of the module. At first, I met with some challenges of how to go with it but as I struggled on, it became much easier. With our busy schedules, writing frequently was a problem as well. I tried my best to reflect on whatever I have learnt and done for this Module. Learning surely takes time and needs perseverance.
By the end of this Module, I can claim that I am confident with the usage of Information and Communication Technologies but nevertheless, I would continue learning whenever the opportunity arises. I, definitely have climbed a higher rung of the learning ladder and for all these, I would like to thank our tutor Mr. Chenga Dorji, for teaching us tactfully and guiding us with timely feedbacks.
This is my last blog post on Reflection but would love to continue Blogging and hopefully my friends will also do the same. 

3 comments:

Dechen Ugyen said...

Learning by doing is the best and I hope you will continue blogging even after finishing the assignment.

Unknown said...

good start

Unknown said...

Thank you sir, for taking your precious time to go through my posts.

Post a Comment